Why Grow Kratom?
- Not because you want huge quantities of kratom. Unless you are very industrious and determined, chances are you will only produce a small amount of usable product growing it in North America. Then why?
- Because it is fun and interesting- It is interesting to grow tropical medicinal plants.
- Because it was given to us, is useful, and a bunch of rich white men want to take it away. We have a certain moral obligation to make sure that it is cared for, not exterminated.
- Because you never know what might happen. What if the power grid collapses due to hackers or a solar magnetic storm? Do you think the pharmaceutical companies will just start putting their products in trucks and shipping them to pharmacies, despite the fact that no one can place orders, keep track of the orders, track the shipments, or process the payments? No. There is a very real possibility that the entire infrastructure of our country will dissolve into chaos in such an event, and getting pain medicine to people will not be the government’s top priority.
- Because the government might outlaw the importation of kratom, but law enforcement will not want to waste their energy going after the plant itself. Let’s face it- kratom looks a lot like hundreds of other plants, and law enforcement officers are generally not equipped to distinguish this species from other similar plants.